Swap file on android
Posted by: 09.09.2018
The majority of users working with a mobile phone running Android OS, after a certain period of time, begins to be disturbed by the problem of lack of RAM. Below we describe how to successfully cope with such a nuisance.
It is indisputable that it is impossible to change the size of the working memory (hereinafter OP) on an electronic computing device without interfering with the schematic part, it is immutable and constant. If the documentation for the mobile device indicates that it has 1 GB of RAM or 2 of GB, this means that the memory chip inside the device contains exactly that amount of RAM and not a single megabyte more.
In those situations when a mobile phone starts to not cope with running applications in the OP, there is a general slowdown of the programs and even hang. To successfully solve this problem, it is necessary to optimize the operation of the entire OS. Two methods are used for this, one of which is to optimize all processes and programs that are in the OP, and the second is to install a special software designed to create and manage the paging file.
If you use the first method, the user needs to determine which system processes and programs can be removed without violating the integrity of the entire OS and turning off the applications he needs.
In order to free the OP from unnecessary user applications, go to the phone settings and select the “Applications” submenu, in which you will find the “Memory usage” sub-item and click on this menu.
Now the user has the opportunity to see on the screen a list of all applications installed on the device and a list of programs working in the OP. Also, the user sees information about free and busy memory resources. If the OP resources of a mobile phone or tablet are limited and tend to zero, this means that the applications will work slowly and slow down.
To prevent this process, it is necessary to remove from the OP those programs and processes that the user can do without. To do this, select the desired program in the list and click the "Stop" button, thereby the program stops its work and the RAM is released.
Another method of freeing the RAM in android devices is to install special software that creates a swap file for android located on removable memory cards. So, the application SWAPit RAM EXPANDER(Roehsoft) allows you to create paging files up to 2.5 GB.
The main functionality of this software:
- allocating space on removable media and creating a paging file;
- the ability to adjust the speed and stability of the OS;
- output of the most complete information about the resources used by the EP;
- The swap file for Android can be changed to fit your needs;
- creation of a widget on the desktop, through which the user is provided with quick access to change the size of the paging file.
Swap file on Android: Swapper 2 software
This software product allows you to create swap-files with which you can manage those programs in the OP that are undemanding of resources. Thus, there is a release of space in the OP for more resource-intensive applications.
The functionality of the program Swapper 2
- Adjust the size of the created swap file.
- At the discretion of the user, a place to store the swap files is selected.
- Ability to automatically download the swap file.
- The introduction of the swap-file in the system resources, which allows to significantly speed up the process of loading the OS.
- Easy interface that does not require special skills and professional knowledge.
The swap file on Android: RAM Manager software
This software product is designed to create the OP optimization of electronic devices running the Android OS. The app is compatible with all devices running the 2.1 version and more. It has in its arsenal a lot of interesting modes of operation.
Below we list all available modes.
- Balance (balance). In this mode, the maximum possible optimization of the OP of the devices occurs, which minimizes the possibility of delays.
- Balance with a shortage of OP. This mode is used for android devices that have on their board up to 512 megabytes of OP.
- Balance in a multitasking environment. In this mode, it is optimal to use android devices that have more than 512 megabytes of OP on board.
- Heavy games. As the name implies, this mode is designed for gamers who play games that are demanding of memory resources.
- Heavy multitasking. This mode allows you to optimize the OD, which is loaded with resource-intensive applications.
- Samsung default. This mode is optimal when using Android devices made by Samsung.
- Nexus defaults. The mode is intended for use in devices manufactured by Google.
- Standard settings for your phone. The mode returns the settings of the device’s RAM to its original value.
You can find this application on the Internet and install it on your mobile device.