How to choose antivirus for Android
Posted by: 25.02.2018
Greetings to you, dear reader. Today we will touch on a very serious and useful topic - the topic of protecting your Android device (smartphone or tablet) from various bad things, such as viruses, Trojans and other harmful programs.
With the development of technologies and capabilities of mobile phones (currently called smartphones), the number of threats your device is exposed to is also growing.. Some people work on their Android gadgets with banking programs, with electronic bills, make payments for various services using their device. All this serves as a kind of red cloth for criminals: scammers, hackers and other categories of intruders.
But, I hasten to please you - in order for your device to remain inaccessible for criminals, special anti-virus packages were developed that allow, with regular updates of the anti-virus databases, very effectively protect themselves from attacks on your Android device (smartphone or tablet).
Antivirus for Android, in my opinion, should have the following qualities, it is for these criteria that the antiviruses were selected from the list proposed in this article, so signs of a good and reliable Android antivirus:
- High level of protection. It is quite logical that I put the high level of protection that your Android gadget can provide, best antivirus. Without complying with this condition, all other qualities of the antivirus have no meaning;
- Regular update of anti-virus databases. This item follows from the previous one. In order to always keep your protection up-to-date and able to withstand “fresh” viruses - your anti-virus package should be updated regularly;
- Ease of use. This is also one of the most important qualities of a good anti-virus. The interface of your anti-virus package should be intuitive, i.e. be clear even to a person who has not used it before;
- Nice design. Although, one can argue about the usefulness of this item, I always pay attention to the appearance of the application. You must admit that it is much more pleasant to use a beautiful program with a pleasant design, rather than an application that is designed “on the knee”.
So, now let's proceed directly to the antivirus itself (which you can download from the links provided) packages for the Android operating system (Android). As I said above - all antiviruses were selected according to the presented criteria..
Avast Mobile Security
This free antivirus is familiar to many according to the version for ordinary, desktop personal computers. A good free antivirus that will suit you if you do not want to pay money for antivirus packages. You can download this antivirus for free using the link above.
From the special qualities of the application I would like to note the following:
- The application includes the following tools: file scanner on your Android device (smartphone or tablet), protection of your surfing on the Internet, program manager;
- If attackers use ESSD requests, Avast Antivirus will be able to block them;
- It is possible to block unwanted calls, SMS messages.
Kaspersky Internet Security
If we are talking about antiviruses, then not to say and not to mention this antivirus in the compilation was not fair to readers and developers. Kaspersky antivirus is considered the most reliable and popular among users of personal computers based on the Windows operating system. Recently Kaspersky Internet Security migrated to mobile Android (Android) gadgets.
Of the main features and features of this anti-virus, I would like to note the following:
- The application “can” block dangerous or potentially dangerous programs on your device;
- The application has implemented the protection of your Android gadget (smartphone or tablet) while surfing the Internet, just as the developers claim, when using Kaspersky Internet Security You will be protected from fraud on the Internet;
- The search function of the device in case of its theft or loss;
- Blocking calls and SMS from unwanted persons.
AVG Antivirus Free
This antivirus you can download for free. Of all the features that this free tool provides, I would like to note the following:
- Scanning the files you download “on the fly”, which will eliminate the possibility of downloading an infected program to your Android device;
- The application supports the backup data from your gadget;
- Data recovery;
- Detection of a lost Android device (smartphone or tablet).
That's all for today. This is a list of antiviruses, you can download some of them absolutely for free, you will have to pay for some, but in any case, whatever the best antivirus you choose, I have no doubt that he, to the best of his ability, will be able to protect your Android (Android) device from most threats.
Important: all Android apps need to be downloaded only from an official source. The official source is an Android application store called Google Play. Also on some devices it is called the Play Market.