Clear iPhone memory
Posted by: 22.02.2018
The most important characteristic of any gadget is the amount of memory. The number of your audio recordings, games, programs, videos, and the work of the iOS system depend on this resource. The fact is that when the free space runs out, the system may crash (often hang, slow down, knock out errors). That is why the owners of smartphones, including "Apple", it is necessary from time to time to clean the memory of your device. How to clean the iPhone yourself we will tell further.
In general, the cleaning of the considered device can be divided into two main groups, namely, radical and classical methods.
The first involves the removal from the smartphone of all content in general, ranging from all sorts of settings to personal data. This option is used in the case when at the same time you need to erase all useless materials. But, more often, it does not suit ordinary users.
The advantage of classical methods is that they provide the possibility of local cleaning.
Radical cleaning methods
So first we will look at radical ways. You can erase everything from the iPhone in two ways: directly on the mobile device itself or via iCloud.
Reset device data through settings
To reset all data on the iPhone, you must perform the steps in the following sequence:
- On iPhone, you need to go to "Settings" and open the "Basic".
- Click on the "Reset" section, and then select "Erase content and settings."
- Enter the lock password (if installed on this machine).
- Two times confirm your plans to erase all content.
- After that, you will need to enter the password from Apple ID (provided that the “Find iPhone” service is activated on the phone).
- After performing all the listed actions, the erase procedure will start automatically.
It should be noted that the duration of this process can be delayed up to 15 minutes, so the device should have a good battery charge. Also, you should not forget that the removal procedure is irreversible, and also covers all personal data, applications and settings on the device. It’s better to back up all important content before deleting.
Reset using iCloud
If you feel more comfortable with a computer, then reset iphone possible through the cloud service iCloud. To do this, you need a PC, as well as the smartphone itself connected to the global network, after which you can proceed to the procedure:
- Through the PC you need to go to the site icloud.com.
- Sign in using your own Apple ID.
- You need to run the application "Find iPhone".
- Among the list of "All devices" click on the desired device.
- Then you should click on the item “Erase iPhone”, and then confirm the step with another click on the “Erase” button.
- After that, you need to enter a password from Apple ID.
- Provided that the smartphone is not stolen, the subscriber can slip the next step, providing for the introduction of the number of the trusted device, as well as a message to the kidnappers.
The disadvantages of radical ways are that if the device was jailbroken, then in most cases it will be deleted, after which you will have to restore the firmware and repeat the hacking procedure. In addition, the activation lock can make a piece of unnecessary metal from your smartphone, if you do not remember the necessary combination. It is best to apply these methods only in extreme cases and with absolute confidence in their own capabilities.
Classic cleaning methods
Next, we look at the classic methods of cleaning and analyze in more detail the process of removing applications from the desktop, from the settings of iOS, as well as iTunes.
Remove applications from the desktop phone
This method is the easiest, and it is known to every iPhone owner.
- First you need to click on any area of the iPhone desktop and hold your finger on the display for a few seconds.
- Then the animation will move, as well as the removal of applications, that is, the icons will tremble.
- Only programs that have a cross in the upper left corner can be destroyed.
- To successfully clear the gadget from such applications, you need to click on the cross, and then confirm the operation.
Remove applications from settings
The advantage of this method is that the subscriber, before cleaning the phone, can see how much space a certain application takes. The process is as follows:
- On your own phone, open “Settings”, go to “Basic” and select “Statistics”.
- Then you should click on the "Storage" section.
- After that, you need to select the application from which you want to clear the phone by clicking on its icon.
- Then you need to click on the "Delete program" button.
- The last step is to confirm your intention.
Remove apps via iTunes
The final way to clean the iPhone is to use a PC with iTunes installed. The essence of this method is that the synchronization is canceled, as well as the removal of all applications that were previously canceled in iTunes. Actions must be performed in the following sequence:
- First of all, on the PC, you must run the above program.
- Then you need to connect your smartphone, you can do this using a USB cable or a Wi-Fi network.
- After that, you need to select the desired device in the list of connected devices.
- Then you should go to the "Programs" tab.
- Clean your smartphone from all useless programs and files.
- At the end you need to click on the button "Synchronize".
After the first synchronization (regardless of whether it is manual or automatic), applications deleted in the program are also deleted from the iPhone’s memory.