Where backups of Apple devices are stored
Posted by: 04.01.2018
Greetings to you dear reader. Today I will tell you where the backup copies of your mobile Apple gadget, the iPhone, are stored and stored. If you are responsible for the data on your iPhone, then you regularly make backup copies of it, so that one day, if the gadget is lost or stolen, it will not lose all the data.
For those who do not know what backup is, I will make a little explanation. A backup copy is a file created by iTunes in which all data on your iPhone mobile device is saved on a personal computer. These files are used to recover data on the device in case of data loss. Regular backups on your computer will protect you from losing important and useful information.
Below you can see where backup copies are stored on different operating systems and where they are stored.
Windows 7 / 8 / 10
The most popular operating system on the computer is Windows. In order to find backups of your devices (iPhone), follow these steps:
- Open any folder and on the side, select the hard disk on which the operating system is installed. In the list that opens, find the “Users” folder and open it. Choose your username (it’s different for everyone). The screenshot below;
- In the window that opens, select the AppData folder;
- Now go to the Roaming folder, then to the Apple Computer pack, then to the MobileSync folder;
- Stayed last step. Open the Backup folder. It contains all your backup iPhone;
- On the screenshot below, you can see the full path to the folder where backup copies are stored, as well as folders containing previously created backup copies (iPhone).
Note: by default, this folder is hidden in Windows. To make it visible, do the following: go to the control panel, then the folder settings, then the view. Tick off - show hidden files. Click the “OK” button.
Note: if you do not know for which device a backup is made, you can easily determine this: open the folder with a copy, then locate the file info.plist. Find the Product Name line, below this line will be the model of the device for which the backup has been made.
Hope you found what you were looking for. Below you can find out where backups are stored on other operating systems.
Even so, it's hard for me to imagine who uses modern Apple mobile gadgets and at the same time uses the old Windows XP. Anyway. This is a rhetorical question. To find backups in Windows XP, use the following path.:
- Navigate to the Documents and Settings folder;
- Further, by analogy with the previous section, you need to select a folder with the user name;
- Now go to the Application Data folder, then follow the path - Apple Computer \ MobileSync \ Backup \
If you are using a Mac, use the following instructions.
As I said above, for Mac users, you can use the following method to search for all backups created earlier ~ // Libraries / Application Support / MobileSync / Backup /.
Today I have everything, I hope this article was helpful to you. Now you know where it is saved with a copy and you could find a backup copy of your mobile gadget iPhone on your computer. If so, I would be grateful if you share this material in your accounts on social networks, as well as leave a comment, using the commenting form located below.