Ways to download and install applications on iPhone
Posted by: 18.07.2018
Apple products have always stood apart in the IT market, differing in revolutionary solutions for their time. Therefore, in the matter of downloading and installing any application on the iPhone, iPad, Mac, there are also differences from most competitors. As in this case, do the newly-minted owners of "apple" gadgets try to figure out further.
What's the catch?
It is no secret that Google is the market leader in equipping electronic communication devices with operating systems. Her brainchild of Android OS, according to official data, is used in more than 80% of the world's smartphones and tablets. In order to download and install software on such a gadget, you can use the official online store GooglePlay through the onboard client of PlayMarket. In addition, it is legally possible to install third-party programs that are freely available on the network using a data cable or wireless connection.
Any gadget from Apple has several obvious differences in this regard:
- First, iOS, which is not provided to third-party manufacturers like Android, is installed on iPhone, iPad or MacBook;
- Secondly, you can download applications through the AppStore service, using the iTunes client or file managerand only of official origin;
- Thirdly, to install programs from third-party developers will have to hack your gadget using the procedure jailbreak.
Consider each of the options in more detail.
In order for the client to be able to download programs to your iPhone via a personal computer or MacBook, you must first install the iTunes client program. But before you install it, you need to create and activate a single AppleID account. This is a requirement of the company, following which the owner of the corporate gadget will get access to the following services:
- Search for iPhone in case of its theft or loss (using the global geolocation system associated with the world wide web);
- Synchronization of all Apple-owned devices;
- Installing free software from the AppStore or buying commercial software / content.
Create your account strongly recommends that the company itself developer, although it does not commit to this. From the point of view of logic, it definitely makes sense to agree to this proposal, otherwise why buy an expensive gadget, so that later not use its capabilities to the full.
In order to create your account, you can use the same iTunes - it will unequivocally ask for the registration procedure if it has not been completed before. It has approximately the following sequence:
- After starting the program in the window, you need to click the "Create AppleID».
- Next, you will have to “read and agree” with the terms of service and proceed to the direct input of contact information (e-mail, including backup, password, secret question / answer, date of birth).
- In the next step, you will need to confirm the payment card details and your address. It should be remembered that they must be real and correspond to the region of residence. That is, if the subscriber’s permanent place of residence is, say, the Russian Federation, then the card must be issued on its territory.
- Well, in the end you will need to click the “CreateAppleID” button and after clicking on the suggested link, confirm the account.
In a similar way, you can create an account using the AppStore, which are installed by default on a smartphone. The only condition is to have an active connection to the Internet.
Download via iTunes / App Store
Since we started to consider this issue from this application, it will be logical to continue it with the very procedure of downloading and installing. If the activation of the AppleID account described above was passed through the iTunes interface, then after it is completed, it will immediately become possible to download programs. Here everything is basically simple:
- In the list, select the icon of the desired application and go to its landing page.
- Then you will have to click the “Free” / “Buy” buttons (for free and paid programs, respectively) and “Install” buttons one by one to start the download.
- If the authorization procedure has not been completed before, a window will open in which you will have to enter your AppleID login and password.
Downloading an iPhone application through the iTunes interface has obvious advantages:
- First, all downloaded programs are saved on the hard disk, which means they can be installed on the iPhone even without an Internet connection, using only the synchronization procedure.
- Secondly, in case of flashing or restoring the smartphone software, all previously installed software will not need to be searched on the network - everything can be easily and quickly installed from the hard disk.
The boot procedure described above can be carried out without a PC. Using the AppStore application on the iPhone and a wireless connection to the Internet, you can download the software directly to your smartphone. In this case, after the end of the download, the operating system will offer to install the program, and its icon will be placed on one of the desktops.
Using File Managers
In addition to the official method of downloading software on gadgets, Apple allows you to use alternative applications in this process - file managers of iFunBox, iTools, etc. This approach has both positive and negative sides.
The obvious advantages include:
- There is no need to synchronize between the gadget and the desktop PC, authorize iTunes, connect to the Internet.
- Ability to connect the device via USB or Wi-Fi.
- High speed data exchange.
- The official status that does not require a jailbreak smartphone.
To start installing the application on the iPhone, you must first connect the gadget to the PC in one of the ways suggested above. After that, the file manager itself is launched, which should recognize the device. If the result is positive, the model of the smartphone and its network name should be displayed in the “CurrentDevice” menu line (specified in the gadget settings).
To start the installation, go to the menu “Install application” and select the desired program.
The software should be on the hard disk, after which it will be automatically downloaded into the memory of the smartphone and installed.