What to do if iTunes does not see the iPhone? Can this be fixed?
Posted by: 14.06.2018
What if iTunes doesn’t see the iPhone? The reasons why the program can not see the iPhone can be any number. Most of them are in the software part. Most often, you just need to reinstall (before deleting) the Apple Mobile Device service.
However, before proceeding to the instructions, make sure that your device has the latest version of iTunes and try to connect your iPhone via a different USB port and if this is possible, connect your iPhone to another PC.
If all this did not help and iTunes does not see the iPhone, then ...
Further, the instruction has 3 branches depending on the installed operating system on your computer:
In Mac OS
Why can't iTunes see the iPhone on Mac OS? Most likely the problem is with the AppleMobileDevice.kext file. If iTunes does not see the iPhone, then disconnect your iPhone from the Mac computer.
Next, open the Finder, find iTunes in the “Programs” and drag it to the Trash..
Drag the iTunes shortcut to the Trash.
- Select the “Go To” button, then “Go To Folder”.
- Then enter / System / Libraries / Extensions, then click "Go".
- Locate the AppleMobileDevice.kext file and move it to the Trash.
- After that select Go to folder.
- Write / Libraries / Receipts / and then click "Go."
- Find the AppleMobileDeviceSupport.pkg file and put it in the Trash. If the invitation comes out, enter the password.
This file may not be in Mac OS X 10.6, then go to the next step:
Restart your computer. Select Finder> Empty Trash and restart your computer again. Download and install the current version of iTunes. Reconnect your iphone to your Mac and open iTunes.
In Windows XP
- Close iTunes and disconnect the iPhone.
- Click Start, then Control Panel.
- On the control panel go to Administration.
- Open Services.
- After that select Apple Mobile Device while clicking Stop the service in the left pane.
- Then click Start Service.
- After restarting the Apple Mobile Device, go to iTunes and connect your iphone.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
Possible problems in the "Service", which can be corrected. If iTunes does not see the iPhone - close the iTunes application and disconnect your iphone..
- Clamp the start button located in the Windows OS.
- In Start Search, type Services.
- Next, in the Programs section, click "Services" in the search result.
- After that, select the Apple Mobile Device and hold down the Stop Service window.
- Next, click Start Service.
v After the Apple Mobile Device program has restarted, go to iTunes and connect your iPhone. If it helped, then in the fifth step, double-click on the Apple Mobile Device program and in the Startup type select “Automatic” or auto.
In that case, if for some reason this did not help, it is recommended to reinstall iTunes entirely and restart the computer.
As you saw, there is nothing difficult to restore iTunes. Although, of course, there are exceptions, for example, if the problem is in the hardware of the device.