Error in iTunes 3194. Solve the problem
Posted by: 17.07.2018
Greetings to you, dear lover and, undoubtedly, the user of Apple devices, such as iPhone, iPad or iPod. In this article, we will try to get rid of the 3194 error that occurs when restoring, reflashing, or updating the Apple gadget.
There are such cases when when you update iOS 7 or after flashing Apple devices (iPhone 5, 5s, 4, 4s and iPad), an error persists in iTunes - an error number 3194. At once I will make a reservation that this error is not critical and it can be fixed, literally, in a few minutes..
First, let's look at the possible causes of this error (3194) when working with the iPhone, iPad. In total there can be two reasons, below you can get acquainted with them.
- You tried to install on your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, etc.) an old version of the iOS operating system, for example iOS 6 or lower. This version of the operating system, without JailBreak, can not be installed, because Apple has stopped signing old versions of iOS (now only 7). If you still want to install an old version of iOS on your device (iPhone, iPad), then you will have to do JailBreak, i.e. “Break”, open the file system of your device, this procedure is not safe and can turn your brand new iPhone or iPad into a useless brick.
- The second option is to change the Hosts file on your computer.. This file is used to control the Internet access of various programs. For example, by writing special lines in this file, you can deny access to any program to the Internet. In this case, as a result of your (or your) actions in the Hosts file, records appeared that blocked iTunes from accessing the Internet, thus, when installing or iOS update (iPhone, iPad) and 3194 crashes.
Ways to troubleshoot the problem
The 3194 error can be eliminated in several ways, three are described in this material. If, after applying the first method of elimination, the 3194 error still appears, then try the following method, etc. (if any method helped you get rid of the error, then share it in the comments to this material).
The first method, which, at one time helped me a lot:
- If you have iTunes open, I recommend that you close it and disconnect your Apple device (iPhone, iPad) from the computer. If you do not complete this clause, the result of applying this method to resolve the 3194 error may be negative;
- Locate the “hosts” file on your computer. If you have a Windows operating system, the file path will look like this: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc \ hosts. If you have a Mac OX operating system, then the path to the hosts file will look like this: Mac OS X - Go to -> Go to folder in Finder. / etc / hosts;
- Next, open the hosts file in a text editor: on Windows, a notepad (required as administrator), on Mac OX, TextEdit;
- Now you need to find such a line. 220.127.116.11.gs.apple.com . After the line is found you need to delete it, because It was she who blocked iTunes from accessing the Internet. If, after deleting a line, you cannot save the hosts file, then simply copy it to the desktop, change the copied file (delete the line), save it and transfer it to the folder where it is located C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc \, at the question of the system about the replaced file, agree;
- Connect your Apple device (iPhone, iPad) to your computer and launch iTunes. Try to repeat the operation that led to the error. Most likely the error will disappear. If the error persists, go to the next method.
The following method involves the use of third-party tools, in this case, we will use a program called TinyUmbrella to resolve the 3194 error. Download the program you can on this link - http://blog.firmwareumbrella.com/ In the sidebar (located on the right), find the TinyUmbrella [WIN] link and click on it; after this simple operation, the program will start downloading.
- Download and install the program TinyUmbrella (I will not describe the installation process of this program, because it is very simple and intuitive);
- Now you need to go to the Advanced tab and uncheck the box next to Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit (this will mark the connection to Cydia servers);
- Try the operation that caused the 3194 error. If the error continues to appear, then try the third way to fix the error.
This method is both simple and effective. It consists in updating your version of iTunes. Perhaps the error occurred because you are using an old version of iTunes. I, in general, believe that updating iTunes to the current version can fix ninety percent of all errors arising on the iPhone, iPad, in general on iOS.
- Launch iTunes;
- Select the “Help” menu, then the item called “Updates”. After this action, the program will check for updates and, if any, will prompt you to update the program to the latest, most recent version;
- After updating iTunes, try the operation that caused the error.
I want to remind once again that if you are trying to install the old iOS operating system on your device (iPhone, iPad), then no manipulations (except, of course, jailbreak) will help. For example, you will not be able to replace your iOS 7 with an earlier iOS 6, the 3194 error will always crash, simply because Apple already signs and does not support iOS 6.