Should I buy an iPhone 7: the pros and cons of the device
Posted by: 01.01.2018
When buying an 7 iPhone, you would like to know the pros and cons of using it. Given the high cost, this solution is quite reasonable, so it’s worth weighing the pros and cons.
You should start with the minuses of the "seven", because sometimes they outweigh the benefits:
- Price. iPhone 7 Plus is not cheap. For its cost, you can buy a quite powerful gaming laptop and even a used car, so this barrier is not always overcome, because these things are much more useful than any smartphone. At the same time, devices on the Android platform with similar characteristics will be much cheaper, as well as their maintenance with accessories.
- Closed platform. iOS will not be able to root, install extraneous software on it, or transfer a document from another gadget. For all this, you need iTunes, which may not be on the right device. Thus, working with files on this device is very difficult, as well as any interaction with other platforms. Even the loss of a USB cable can turn into almost a tragedy, since the connector on an iPhone is specific.
- Narrow selection Of course, today smartphones are slightly different from each other, but it is still possible to find something new, while Apple provides quite a few variations of devices and color solutions. Many users do not like the newer iPhone models, but because of the well-established fashion and the desire to have a “fresh” version of the gadget, they have to buy a device for lack of an alternative.
- Minor bugs. These shortcomings of the iPhone 7 are rather insignificant, since they are characteristic of smartphones on any platform, regardless of the manufacturer. For example, Jet Black turned out to be rather unstable to external influences, therefore scratches, dirt and fingerprints remain on it. In addition, the new device does not have a standard headphone jack, and the camera’s peephole bulges out of the case, which significantly increases the risk of damage to the fragile element.
- Design. The latest 2 models are almost identical in appearance. The difference is in inconspicuous details: the position of the plastic inserts, the replacement of the Home key with a touch-sensitive analogue, sensitive to pressing force, and a camera with 2 lenses. If you do not focus on these innovations, then it will be difficult to understand exactly which model is in the hands of the user.
Of course, for true fans of Apple technology, the above mentioned device cons do not mean anything. A very low percentage of users are really interested in self-control and modification of the OS, and the closure of the platform quickly ceases to be evident. Thus, such minor flaws will not be able to stop the customer from buying.
Why buy an iPhone 7?
The advantages of the flagship are much greater than the minuses:
- High quality. This parameter is justified by the cost of the gadget, so you can be sure of the smooth and uninterrupted operation of the device. The assembly of the seventh iPhone is also high at the level - no backlash, otherwise the smartphone must be replaced immediately. Applications from iTunes are perfectly optimized, so no problems will arise with them. In addition, after updating the firmware, the flagship does not turn into a “brick”, unlike cheap devices on an android.
- Long-term support for 3 year or more. Updates of various applications and firmware will periodically come to the smartphone, so the iPhone will always get compatibility with the newest gadgets and programs. Thus, the phone will become obsolete much later than any other Android device.
- A variety of accessories. Since the products for "apple" devices has almost a fabulous price, many companies are happy to release it. Therefore, a smartphone can pick up a lot of useful and not very gadgets, as well as elements for personalizing and changing the look.
- Moisture and dust protection. The body of the iPhone 7 is made according to the IP67 standard, but this does not mean that water will not get in through the existing holes. Thus, it is definitely not worth bathing a gadget.
- Unique features of each new model. For example, the sixth iPhone was able to recognize the force pressing on the display. The “Seven”, however, was taught to leave the standby mode when the smartphone was lifted from a horizontal surface.
- Display. Retina Color has enhanced color clarity and fine details of the image, despite the previous resolution. In addition, the screen of the new generation adapts to the level of illumination in the room or on the street, so that the picture is perfectly perceived, and the panel itself has less negative impact on vision. Such a function will be useful to fans of late Internet surfing, and even the average user will be pleasantly surprised, because photos and pictures will start to look more colorful and alive.
- More memory. Previously, this figure began just from 16 GB, but with the release of a new model, Apple doubled it. Now the drive has a minimum size of 32 GB, and the maximum possible has increased to 256 GB. Thus, the memory of the smartphone holds the same amount of data as the budget PC.
- Increased battery capacity. Of course, here the seventh iPhone can not be compared with many devices on the Android platform, where there are batteries up to 6000-8000 mAh. However, in the framework of Apple products, gadgets with 1980 mAh and 2910 mAh battery capacities are already quite good, considering that previously the figures were even lower. Such a device would hardly last for several days, but with moderate use it can last at least 24 hours.
- Stereo speakers. Their power is twice that of the previous model of the device. This step will improve the sound quality of the music being played and the tracks from the video, as well as hands-free conversations. Increased dynamic range is also intended to enhance these characteristics.
IPhone video review
Choosing the iPhone 7, the pros and cons should be weighed in advance to make the right decision. However, the owners of the sixth series can be postponed the purchase, since the difference between the models is very small. This also applies to new-generation Android devices, manufacturers of which monitor compliance with technological standards. In this case, only the functionality and stability of the operating systems will differ. But in this matter, open source software has a rather ambiguous position, since it provides more opportunities for modification, but its performance sometimes fails. Thus, it is necessary to make a choice nevertheless independently based on the objectives of the acquisition.