What to do if the sound is lost on the iPad or iPhone
Posted by: 04.08.2018
Hello everyone, dear readers. In today's article I will tell you what to do if you have lost sound on the iPad (2, 3, 4) or iPhone. In most cases, when the sound disappears on the iPad mobile gadget (2, 3, 4) or iPhone, you have to carry the device to an Apple service center.. But perhaps you have just such a case and in order to fix the sound, simple manipulations will be required. If the sound is gone, then the reasons may be the following.:
- Clogged headphone or speaker input. If you often carry your phone - in your trouser pocket or in your purse - without a case, then for some time small debris accumulates in the phone's inlets that interfere with the normal operation of the device.
- Flew flashing on your iPad or iPhone. It may be that such a situation, that the sound was lost due to the fact that you have either the old version of iOS, or as a result of any manipulations with your gadget, something went wrong. In this case, you will be helped by updating or flashing your iPad (2, 3, 4) or iPhone.
- Failures requiring the work of a professional. In most cases, if the sound is gone in your gadget, then the work of a professional is required.
So, we determined the possible reasons for the breakdown of your iPhone or iPad (2, 3, 4), now let's take a closer look at each of the above items (except the third).
If the input is clogged
As I said before, if you like to carry your iPhone in your trouser pocket or, if you're a girl, then in the purse your phone's entrance can be littered with small particles of garbage. I already had this. To check if this is the case, do the following.:
- Bring your gadget to the light and check all entrances to see if they are clogged.
- If the entrances are clogged, try to carefully clean them with a clip.
To prevent the clip from damaging the contacts on your iPhone or iPad (2, 3, 4), you can wrap the clip in cotton or a cloth.
If the previous way to make your device work if the sound disappeared on it did not help, then we proceed to the second method, namely, flashing your iPhone or iPad (2, 3, 4). This is done very simply follow the instructions below.:
- Go to the site - www.getios.com . On this site you can download the latest firmware for your iPad or iPhone gadget.
- In the field "Your device", select the desired field. Next, select the model and the firmware version you need. To download the file with the firmware, click the “Download” button.
- Connect your gadget to your computer using a USB cable and launch iTunes. In the side menu of the program (if the side menu is not visible, then press the CTRL + S key combination) select your iPhone or iPad.
- Next, go to the “Overview” tab, find the “Update” button, hold down the SHIFT key and, without releasing it, click the “Browse” button with the left mouse button. In the window that opens, select the file with the firmware downloaded earlier.
After some amount of time the process flashing iPad or iPad will be finished. Upon completion, the sound may be restored..