How to upgrade iOS to 8 version on iPhone 4
Posted by: 11.06.2018
Apple regularly makes its users happy with the release of new firmware versions, so every owner of an Apple smartphone thinks about whether it is worth updating software on its smartphone. In this publication, we will talk about how to upgrade iOS to the 8 version on the 4 iPhone, and whether it should be done.
IOS upgrade options
When the company introduced a new IOS 8 to its users, it immediately became clear that the Iphone 4 could not function properly with this version of the firmware. The fact is that this operating system is designed for mobile devices with a 2-core processor, while the 4-th iPhone is equipped with only one. However, to put a new IOS 8 system on the Iphone 4 is still possible. To do this, there are two options for updating:
- using iTunes through the computer;
- through the network.
Next we look at each option in detail.
It should be noted that after the update, only the user bears all responsibility for the functioning of his gadget.
Using iTunes via Computer
So, how to update the iPhone 4 using a computer?
First you need to download the update using the special application iTunes (if there is a lot of free space) or from the manufacturer’s official website. Before you connect the device, make sure that you use the latest version of iTunes, then click on "Help" in the menu bar and turn on "Update". After that, do the following:
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using USB, wait for iTunes to start or start it manually.
- To the left of the iTunesStore button, click on the device button.
- Select “Refresh” without holding the Shift or Option key. If an update is available, then it is automatically downloaded and installed on the smartphone.
- Then pop-up window pops up, which will contain all the necessary information about the update. After that, you need to click "Download and update." In the event that a notification appears in the window that the latest version is being used, then you need to download the firmware using the download link.
When downloading firmware using Safari, you need to disable automatic unpacking. Also, you can use Firefox or Chrome for this.
We update via Wi-Fi
In fact, software update on a smartphone using Wi-Fi is a simpler way than the previous one, but there is no guarantee that the update will be successful. First of all, it is worth noting that even at a high connection speed it is rather difficult to download a firmware file with a weight of 1 GB. In addition, you should not forget about the battery of the device - the minimum charge for downloading the file should be no less than half. If after the download the update process starts and the device sits down and turns off, then you will have to connect the device to the computer and continue the process to ITunes.
If you plan to use this option, you must do the following:
- Check wireless connection and browser access.
- Enable "Settings", go to the "Basic" section, select "Software Update" and click "Download and Install." The download process starts automatically and the software update process takes place in the background. You cannot start the process on a smartphone without jailbreak
- After downloading the file, click the “Install” button and accept the corresponding agreement for users.
After the update process is complete, you need to make some adjustments and return all saved content from the Aiklaud or Aytüns backup.
Now you know how to update iOS on your gadget. The update is quite simple, but can take an hour or more. If you have difficulties or you cannot solve a question, then you can always contact support at the official website of the manufacturer.