We update iOS in three different ways.
Posted by: 24.09.2018
An iOS update (6, 7) must be done in order to close all vulnerabilities and holes in the operating system, which will ensure the security of your data.
Greetings to you, dear lovers and happy owners of tablet computers. In today's lesson, I will tell you how to update iOS, and I will tell you how it can be done in three ways.
Which way to choose is up to you, and the result of using any of these methods will be the same; if you do everything correctly, your iOS operating system (6, 7) will be successfully updated to the latest version (at the time of writing this material the latest version of 7).
It would be correct to think that such a popular mobile operating system like iOS (6, 7) is regularly updated.
With each new version of the system, the “bugs” of the previous version are eliminated, various holes and vulnerabilities that could threaten the security of your device (iPhone [2,3,4,5], iPad) and your data stored on it are also closed, the design of the system is rarely updated (the 7 version of the system brought us not only the updated system code, but also a nice design). Therefore, timely updating is, in most cases, a mandatory procedure.
If you have any of the gadgets Apple (iPhone [2,3,4,5], iPad or iPod), then you do not care, sooner or later, it will come to mind that the system needs to be updated. You could also hear the word “firmware”, in fact, this is the same as updating the system, although with some differences. Firmware is a change in the operating system version of the device (iPhone [2,3,4,5], iPad), both to an earlier version and to a later version..
If you are an avid gamer and constantly play mobile games, then you also need to update the operating system. Game developers always make their new game compatible with the latest version of iOS, and whether the game will support the old version is already a controversial issue. So, if you want to always play new games, you just need to update the system on your gadget (iPhone [2,3,4,5], iPad).
In this article, we will look at three upgrade options. As mentioned above - all these methods are different, but the result from their use is the same. These are the ways:
- IOS operating system update (6, 7) through Apple device. This is the easiest way, it will not require any additional tools from you. The main thing is that your gadget (iPhone [2,3,4,5], iPad, iPod) is connected to the Internet (using Wi-Fi or 3G). The undoubted plus of the method is that you do not need to connect the gadget (iPhone [2,3,4,5], iPad) to the computer and install additional software. The downside is that if you have a slow internet update it may take a very long time, because new version of OSes weighs under 1GB;
- IOS operating system update (6, 7) via iTunes. This method involves updating your Apple gadget (iPhone [2,3,4,5], iPad) with the help of special software released by Apple - iTunes. iTunes is a tool that allows you to manage your device from a regular, desktop PC. If you decide to use this method, then you do not have to connect the Internet on the device, it is enough that the Internet is on the computer to which the gadget is connected (iPhone [2,3,4,5], iPad);
- IOS operating system update (6, 7) via OS file. This method is practically no different from the previous one. The main difference between this method and the previous one is that you have to download the file with the operating system in advance. The advantage of this method is that to update the system you do not need an internet connection, you just need to have a file with the system (you can download it in another place, for example, from a friend).
From the gadget
To update your device, follow these steps (in the order in which they are described below):
- Connect your device to the Internet, this can be done via Wi-Fi or 3G. Let me remind you that without the Internet update is impossible;
- Click on the “Settings” icon;
- In the settings, in the “General” section, select “Software Update” and open it;
- After you have completed all the suggested actions, the device will start searching for iOS updates (6,7), if updates are found, you will be prompted to upgrade.
In order to use this method you need to download and install iTunes on your computer. P "P" SЏ updates via iTunes you need:
- Open iTunes and connect your device (iPhone [2,3,4,5], iPad, iPod) to your computer;
- In iTunes, select your device in the sidebar (if the sidebar is not displayed, press CTRL + S);
- In the iTunes window that opens, information about your gadget will appear. Find and click the “Update” button. If everything is done correctly, then iTunes will start searching and downloading the new version of iOS (6, 7).
Using an OS file
In order to update the system via the OS file you need:
- Go to this broker. Select your device, then the model of the device and the desired version of the operating system. Click the “Download” button to download the operating system;
- Run the program iTunes. Further in the program, click the “Refresh” button while holding down the SHIFT (Windows) or Alt key (for Mac);
- A window will open in which you need to select the downloaded OS and click the open button. If everything is correct, the system will be automatically installed.